Competition Rules and Entry Form
The competition is now closed - good luck every body and thank you for entering.
The boats will be judged on creative vision and imaginative use of reclaimed materials.
- There are 2 age groups: 5 -10 years and 11 -16 years.
- Entries must come from groups of between 2 (minimum) and 6 (maximum) children.
- All models must be a maximum size of 1 metre in any direction.
- All work must be the children’s own original creations and made from reclaimed materials (junk).
- There is no limit to the number of entries that can be made.
- Entries must be photographed in focus and in colour.
- Up to 4 images per boat may be submitted, including details or different views.
To enter, simply upload the images using the online form below. The following information should be included:
In 'Your email address': Enter the email address of entrant and or main point of contact.
In ‘Subject’ field: Either 5 -10 or 11-16.
In ‘Message’ field: Teacher's name, Class name, School name, Postcode and Contact telephone number.
In 'Select a file': Upload a maximum of 4 files from your computer. Each file will need to be uploaded seperately,
In the case of independent entries please write an adult’s name, address, postcode and contact telephone number in the ‘Message’ field.
The closing date for the Start Imagining competition is 1st May 2012.
The winners will be announced on or around 10th May 2012.
The main prize will be awarded in mid-June at a mutually convenient date for both the school and the Start Imagining partners.
The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
Unfortunately we cannot return winning boats after they have been on display due to the fragility of the materials. However, the boats will be displayed on the Start Imagining website.
If you have any problem sending your images please email firstname.lastname@example.org.